Toshiba Keyboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

abhiroopb

I currently own a Toshiba Satellite M30x. Everything works fine on the laptop except for the keyboard...

I'm not having a major problem with the keyboard (its a Microsoft Natural ps/2 keyboard...whatever that means?? :p)

SO the problem is that every time i press say: ¬ or ~the picture on the keyboard is different to the one that actually appears. This sort of problem only occurs for the symbols. The letters and numbers and most of the other keys are fine,,except these odd few. I was wondering if i could change the settings for the key or something like that. Thanks for your help!

u need to alter the regional settings to those of the keyboard layout. Depending on what OS version youre running u roughly need to do the following, Go Start - > Control Panel ->Regional Options - then click the Input Locales Tab - and then figure out which one matches!!! Might be best to check on toshiba site.

G'day AB, that is a bit difficult, the keyboard on the actual laptop is probably mapped significantly differently to the actual PS/2 type you are using. (PS/2 actually refers to the type of plug on the end of the lead.
You should find an item in the control panel called "keyboard" which will probably have some information about the type of keyboard map you are actually using.
What you need to do is load a keyboard map for a standard 101 US / international type keyboard that should overcome the problem.
I have never done this before but imagine if you try to select a US keyboard it may ask you for your windows disk and actually install the new map. If you can achieve this your existing laptop keboard map may be relegated to obscurity.
Someone else may have other ideas, or you might drop Toshiba an email, they will probably give you some kind of work-around.
Best of luck.
Cheers, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online