Toshiba L500 Touchpad Keyboard not working (odd)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marcus1000

Hi there,

I reinstalled Windows 7 (from a Windows 7 disk not the Toshiba recovery files).
And everything was working fine, but after restarting once after some updates the mouse and keyboard stopped working!
I found I could get the keyboard to work by pushing the power button to send it to sleep then waking it up, but then the mouse still didn't work.
I can push F2 on the keyboard to get into the BIOS, but can't navigate in it (but can with a USB keyboard.)
Mouse and keyboard don't work in safe mode even.
USB keyboards and mice work fine all the time.

The laptop is a
Satellite L500D PSLT0C-00F002

I really don't understand would could cause this all of a sudden!

marcus1000

I have done that, made no difference.
And if its not working in the BIOS it wouldn't be drivers, would it?

Did you download and install the Touchpad drivers for that model. Is the Windows 7 64bit or 32 bit?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online