Toshiba L70-C won't power up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fishingzone143

My Toshiba L70-C hasn't powered up in the last two weeks. I've already tried doind the battery and cord thing a million times. When ever I hold the power button it blinks once then after 10 secs it blinks three times and repeats to blink 3 times every 10 secs. The fan won't turn on and the screen is just black.

AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn
Maybe your power supply is dead/dying. What color is the light? Amber, white, etc

AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn
Your computer's manual: https://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1032149276.pdf

For DC IN/Battery situations: White=battery fully charged, Amber=charging, Flashing Amber=low needs battery
Power Indicator: Flashing White=sleep mode and enough battery to sustain this mode, White=power is being supplied and computer is on

Maybe it is your charger

Last edited:

AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn
Are you using the oem battery charger? It could be the laptop charger, is it the original charger? If not then it could be giving too many volts or not enough. Maybe the charger is broken

Last edited:

Fishingzone143

Are you using the oem battery charger? It could be the laptop charger, is it the original charger? If not then it could be giving too many volts or not enough. Maybe the charger is broken
Im using the original charger that it came with. I've been using this laptop for two years. Whenever I use the computer I use it while the power cord is still plugged. The battery is 14.8 volts and the cord is 19 volts.

managed

Allan
Try it with the battery disconnected, any change ?

managed

Allan
Please look at the bottom of the laptop and tell us the full model name, should be similar to L20-C-xyz

So with the battery removed if you just press the power switch then quickly release it, like a normal switch on, you get the power light giving 1 blink then a gap of 10 seconds then 3 blinks then 10 gap and 3 blinks repeating ? And the light is always white ?

Fishingzone143

Please look at the bottom of the laptop and tell us the full model name, should be similar to L20-C-xyz

So with the battery removed if you just press the power switch then quickly release it, like a normal switch on, you get the power light giving 1 blink then a gap of 10 seconds then 3 blinks then 10 gap and 3 blinks repeating ? And the light is always white ?
On the bottom it says Toshiba Satellite L70-C, part no. PSKZCU-01X021. And yes when the cord is plugged in and the battery is out same result.

managed

Allan
You could try disconnecting the Bios battery for a while which would put the settings back to defaults. I've found this could fix this sort of fault but there's no way I can be sure it will work in this case.

I found this video and you can see where the battery is at around 2:45 (titles of components are overlayed for a second or 2) :-

Fishingzone143

You could try disconnecting the Bios battery for a while which would put the settings back to defaults. I've found this could fix this sort of fault but there's no way I can be sure it will work in this case.

I found this video and you can see where the battery is at around 2:45 (titles of components are overlayed for a second or 2) :-

I'll have to try this, thank you.

managed

Allan
It will have 2 wires going into a connector that plugs into the motherboard, it's not clear in the video but you should see it when you remove the bottom.
Just unplug it for a couple of minutes and hold down the power button for say 30 seconds when it's disconnected.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online