1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba L70-C won't power up

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Fishingzone143, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fishingzone143

Fishingzone143 Thread Starter

My Toshiba L70-C hasn't powered up in the last two weeks. I've already tried doind the battery and cord thing a million times. When ever I hold the power button it blinks once then after 10 secs it blinks three times and repeats to blink 3 times every 10 secs. The fan won't turn on and the screen is just black.

2. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    Maybe your power supply is dead/dying. What color is the light? Amber, white, etc

3. Fishingzone143

It started as white then I held the button throughout the days and then it started to turn amber.

4. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    Your computer's manual: https://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1032149276.pdf

For DC IN/Battery situations: White=battery fully charged, Amber=charging, Flashing Amber=low needs battery
    Power Indicator: Flashing White=sleep mode and enough battery to sustain this mode, White=power is being supplied and computer is on

Maybe it is your charger

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  5. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    Are you using the oem battery charger? It could be the laptop charger, is it the original charger? If not then it could be giving too many volts or not enough. Maybe the charger is broken

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  6. Fishingzone143

Im using the original charger that it came with. I've been using this laptop for two years. Whenever I use the computer I use it while the power cord is still plugged. The battery is 14.8 volts and the cord is 19 volts.

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Try it with the battery disconnected, any change ?

8. Fishingzone143

If I have the battery taken out and the power cord in and I hold the button it will still somehow blink.

9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Please look at the bottom of the laptop and tell us the full model name, should be similar to L20-C-xyz

So with the battery removed if you just press the power switch then quickly release it, like a normal switch on, you get the power light giving 1 blink then a gap of 10 seconds then 3 blinks then 10 gap and 3 blinks repeating ? And the light is always white ?

10. Fishingzone143

On the bottom it says Toshiba Satellite L70-C, part no. PSKZCU-01X021. And yes when the cord is plugged in and the battery is out same result.

11. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    You could try disconnecting the Bios battery for a while which would put the settings back to defaults. I've found this could fix this sort of fault but there's no way I can be sure it will work in this case.

I found this video and you can see where the battery is at around 2:45 (titles of components are overlayed for a second or 2) :-

12. Fishingzone143

I'll have to try this, thank you.

13. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    You're welcome. Good luck.

14. Fishingzone143

• How would you remove the bio battery if I may ask.

15. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    It will have 2 wires going into a connector that plugs into the motherboard, it's not clear in the video but you should see it when you remove the bottom.
    Just unplug it for a couple of minutes and hold down the power button for say 30 seconds when it's disconnected.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice