1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba laptop has stopped playing DVDs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dawudbryant, Aug 22, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. dawudbryant

dawudbryant Thread Starter

Hi, for some reason when I try to play my DVDs it won’t spin around and doesn’t recognize that there is a disc in. Please help me with this issue. Thanks

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    It's very possible the disc drive has gone bad in your Toshiba laptop.

Have you tried playing those DVD's in another computer to see if they work in it?

Are those original DVD's or are they self-burned ones?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Have you updated to Windows 10 from another version of Windows? If so, Windows 10 doesn't include the ability to play DVDs. What program are you using to play the DVDs?

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Disc recognition is a function of the drive itself. If it's not even spinning up, it sounds like the drive is actually faulty.

5. dawudbryant

Hi, yeah I’ve played them elsewhere and they are fine. They are burnt dvds. I didn’t burn them though.

6. dawudbryant

I don’t know why it would stop working, it used to work fine and even used to burn discs

7. dawudbryant

I’m not sure but it has always played and even burnt dvds so I’m not sure why it won’t play them now.

8. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Doesn't necessarily need to be a reason. Hardware fails all the time, usually without any warning.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231890

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice