1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba laptop is connected to the internet but it fails to load webpages

Discussion in 'Networking' started by josedesomb66, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. josedesomb66

josedesomb66 Thread Starter

My Toshiba L755 Satellite has been unable to load web pages despite showing that it is connected to my wifi network. The problem usually starts when I'm watching videos on YouTube. As soon as I try to raise the quality of the video, the laptop will refuse to load the video and will not load any other websites. The only way I have been able to fix this is to reboot the laptop. However, the problem persists when try to watch videos again

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Hello, make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphic adapter and wifi adapter, also make sure you are using the latest version of the Adobe Flash player. Also do several speed tests to get an idea of what kind of download speed you are on.

The Cleaver

3. josedesomb66

Didn't really help as my drivers and Adobe Flash are all updated to the latest versions. Also I'm getting 25 mbps which can render 720p and 1080p videos pretty well. My service provider is Time Warner Cable and using a ubee(?) router. However I do fell the problem is with the computer as all my other devices can connect perfectly

4. CleaverX

CleaverX

OK so does that happens with every browser that you have tried? (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera)

5. josedesomb66

Yes I tried them all except opera

6. itsjusttherealme

itsjusttherealme

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1131950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice