1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba laptop power issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Grandcubester, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grandcubester

Grandcubester Thread Starter

I was wondering if anybody can help me with my current problem. My laptop won't charge, nor will it start up. I had recently had AC adapter issues and had to get it repaired. I had soldered a new tip for the old adapter, and it worked for a time, but the solder was a horrible job and it got loose again, so I just decided to get a whole new adapter. Before the solder had come off of the old ad adapter, the laptop ran fine, receieved power, and charged the battery. Now with the new ac adapter plugged in, the power blue LED simply blinks blue while the orange battery light remains off. I was wondering if there was a quick fix for this. I have already tried taking the battery and AC adapter out and holding the power button for well over 30 seconds and I still receive the same result- blinking LED. Can anybody help me out here?

My laptop model is a Toshiba Satellite A135-S2426. As it is an old laptop, it's really not worth bringing in getting it serviced and I have a little knowledge about the laptop itself. Also a point of note, it isn't the AC jack on the inside, since i've removed the casing and checked on the jack...it's completely separate from the motherboard and when plugged into another ac source, it worked fine. The new AC adapter has a green LED lit meaning it's receiving power, and it's also brand new so i don't think it's that. But yeah, any help here?

2. scottdeagan

scottdeagan

Toshiba's are notorious for power problems. I had a Satellite P10-809, I paid a small fortune for it, and within 6 months I started experiencing power problems. I was also receiving a constant mild electric shock whenever my arm rested on the casing of the unit while typing.

I believe there is a class action law suit against Toshiba (http://www.mommamuse.com/2006/11/14/class-action-lawsuit-against-toshiba/). I was furious trying to deal with Toshiba as they denied any problems and more or less implied that I was imagining everything. In the end, I wrote off the £1,500 I spent on the unit and have never purchased Toshiba since. I have also warned every company I have worked for to boycott Toshiba.

3. Grandcubester

Grandcubester Thread Starter

Wow a whole 25 or 50 dollars lol. I suppose that's good since the adapter cost me 30 dollars and that's all I've spent so far... and all I am willing to spend, though I would love some kind of a fix for this that wont cost me an arm and a leg.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/906919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice