1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba laptop screen broken

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jgjg, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jgjg

jgjg Thread Starter

Any body out there have experience replacing a laptop screen? Don't have any problem replacing the screen but I'm not sure if it's worth doing. The laptop was given to me with the screen broken. When I plug the power cord in and turn on the unit, nothing happens; no beeps, no lights, not even a sigh. I'd hate to buy a used screen, only to find that the rest of the unit is fryed due to the obvious fall that it took. Any suggestions?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, I sure wouldn't do anything about buying a screen until you're sure that's the only issue. If it doesn't do anything, I'm guessing that more than the screen is gone. Since a most likely better new laptop can be had for as little as $400, do you really want to sink money into this one? Start your shopping here:

Deal News

Tech Bargains

More Stuff 4 Less

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi jgjg

Most laptops I have seen will at least power on with a broken screen. It sounds like there is something else in addition to the broken screen wrong with the laptop. You could open it up, disconnect the cable going to the screen and see if anything else is broken inside. Also see if it will power on with the screen disconnected. Its probably shot. :(

4. jgjg

jgjg Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll open it up and try suggestions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice