Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiba laptop screen broken

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jgjg 
#1 ·
Any body out there have experience replacing a laptop screen? Don't have any problem replacing the screen but I'm not sure if it's worth doing. The laptop was given to me with the screen broken. When I plug the power cord in and turn on the unit, nothing happens; no beeps, no lights, not even a sigh. I'd hate to buy a used screen, only to find that the rest of the unit is fryed due to the obvious fall that it took. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Well, I sure wouldn't do anything about buying a screen until you're sure that's the only issue. If it doesn't do anything, I'm guessing that more than the screen is gone. Since a most likely better new laptop can be had for as little as $400, do you really want to sink money into this one? Start your shopping here:

Deal News

Tech Bargains

More Stuff 4 Less

#3 ·
Hi jgjg

Most laptops I have seen will at least power on with a broken screen. It sounds like there is something else in addition to the broken screen wrong with the laptop. You could open it up, disconnect the cable going to the screen and see if anything else is broken inside. Also see if it will power on with the screen disconnected. Its probably shot. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.