1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba laptop screen problem,software or hardware????

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lknforhelp, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lknforhelp

lknforhelp Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba laptop. Replaced screen. Bought from Laptopscreen.com (business hours M-F). Will contact them.. Specs seem right. I have wi-fi set up for 2 computers.
    Booted computer, picture seems out of contrast(not sharp) and has green back ground with green pixels where they shouldn't be(should be another color), hard to explain, anyway not normal.
    Ran an Avast boot scan (just installed Avast free program).

Showed 4 problems of these with only diffence in the 4 was Inno 0002,0003,0004,0005.bin
    Below is actual listing
    File C:\Users\Katelen\AppData\Local\MS\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content IE(Sor5)\OPGH1ZTZ(Z's could be 2's ) \AppGraffitisetup[1].exe l>Inno 0002. bin error 4(Z or 2)145 Installer archive is corrupted.

I found this curious about the Inno 0002, etc, because the screen replacement model was an InnoLux sceen. I am using another computer to post this. I can run TSG SysInfo on Laptop and send if necessary.
    Thanks

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Do you have the Inno Setup installer on your computer?

1- Please click HERE to download HijackThis.
    2- Run the program.
    3- Click on the Main Menu button if not already there.
    4- Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
    5- Copy and paste the scan log from Notepad into your next reply.
    6- Do not "Fix" anything unless advised to do so.

===================================================================

1- Run HijackThis again.
    2- Click on Open The Misc Tools section from the Main Menu.
    3- Click on Open Uninstall Manager.
    4- Click on Save list...
    5- Save the text file to the desktop.
    Copy and paste the log from Notepad into your next reply

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Please ignore the advice from the previous, removed post. Driver updaters and registry cleaners will not help with this problem (or any problem).

4. LSB

LSB

It's be nice to know the laptop model, original screen model and new screen model #'s

If you have ordered a resolution above 1280x800 (1366x768),
    and your laptop came with one of the above (and is CCFL), there's a good chance your LVDS cable is missing channel B (8 wires), and you will be seeing consistent green vertical lines every second row.
    That can be fixed by grafting your original cable, buying a dual channel cable, or exchanging the screen.
    Otherwise it could be a faulty screen, PM me for any return/exchange questions.

5. lknforhelp

lknforhelp Thread Starter

I got a replacement screen from laptopscreen. I recieved good service from them. Did have to correspond thru messages at web site, waited at least 12 hours for each response. Thanks for all advice given, still, glad I didn't have to use responses.. I should have waited before posting problem. Thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1022619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice