Toshiba laptop stuck on "Leading innovation" screen

Stella2021

I can't get past the "Leading innovation" screen on my toshiba laptop.
This happened after is was going through a “Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.” for several hours.
I can access the Bios but have no idea how to repair the laptop without losing all my documents.
Thank you for your help.

Can you post the model name or number of the Toshiba notebook so we can check the specs etc.

Couple of possible causes Windows corruption and/or the storage device has failed.

Can I ask how the HDD is identified in the BIOS, a Seagate HDD for example will be listed something like ST1000DM004 and a Western Digital along the lines of WD10JPLX other brands will have similar identification codes, only when such an ID code is present is a HDD actually detected and an entry simply listed as SATA HDD means that the BIOS will and has looked for a HDD in that particular boot sequence but no HDD was detected.

Stella2021

Thank you for your help!

Model name is Satellite P70-A-11V.

On BIOS it shows:
1. HDD1/SSD1
2. HDD2/SSD2 TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100(S2)

I've now got a Windows 10 installation media on a USB.
The Start-up Repair said it couldn't repair the PC.
The System Restore said there was no restore point available.

Can you help? Thank you!

The BIOS is detecting a 1TB Toshiba HDD but is it selected as the first boot device, if it is, not good and your first priority should be to try and recover your data, you can boot from a Linux distro for this or alternatively remove the HDD from the computer and put into a USB HDD enclosure or a second computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online