1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Laptop/Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Toyman, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toyman

Toyman Thread Starter

I bought my daughter a Tosiba Laptop that came with Windows 7 installed on it. She wants to put a Sims game on it but it won't let her so we want to install Winodws XP on it instead.

The questions and problems we are haiving is it loads all the drivers for XP and then it goes to the blue screen after it loads everything.

Is that because Toshiba has something bulit into BIOS or something that won't let us put XP on it?

Is there any way to load Win 7 and XP as a duel boot?

Is there a way to load win XP from windows 7 without doing it from a clean install?

How can we work around this?

Thank you.

2. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

You can dual boot Win 7 & XP but only if you can install XP. I seriously doubt Toshiba's done anything to prevent you from installing XP so it's probably a driver issue (although it depends on how you're installing XP-if it's from an OEM disk then that version of XP might be looking for a specific BIOS). The easiest way, IMO, is to upgrade Windows 7 to the Professional version which includes a virtual XP. I haven't used that (yet) so I can't be certain, but I think it does use the Windows 7 drivers for the actual hardware, virtualizing them so they'll work in XP.

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

So you are getting a BSOD while booting XP? Did the blue screen of death mention a stop code or a driver?

Are all the drivers (that you installed ) meant for XP? Cause Windows 7 drivers won't work under XP.

4. Toyman

Toyman Thread Starter

Thanks calvin-c and lunarlander. We are going to try it again when we can and see if I can answer those questions. This gives us a starting point anyway.

Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977388

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice