1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba laptop won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trekguy, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trekguy

trekguy Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba M35X-S149 laptop that has just decided to not boot up, at all.

Battery is fully charged. Push the blue power button, and it lights up. The fan also kicks in for about 3 seconds, as it usually does (did). The hard drive indicator light flashes one time.

That's it. Nothing more happens.

Hard drive or processor, maybe??

Where do I start? I've managed to fix a number of different things with computers, but this is the first time that I am dealing with one that does nothing. :eek: Lost. :(

The hard drive just unplugs from the side of the laptop...if the processor is bad, and the hard drive id OK... is there a way (connector) to access the hard drive from another PC, like as a removable drive?? There's stuff on there that I need.:(

2. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Try calling Toshiba. My sister has had excellent results dealing with them.

3. palmbeach81

palmbeach81

Hi,

I have a Toshiba M35X-S109 that is experiencing the same problem you have. I have taken it apart several times, without issue. Usually, it was to try to re-solder the power jack. I have also had to replace a board in the screen, that took care of my screen going dimmer.

After the last time I put it together, it is doing exactly what you described. The power light comes on, the disk light flashes once, and the fan runs for a few seconds. Did you ever resolve your problem? If so, what was the issue? Did you have to send it away for repair? I am curious.

Thanks in advance.

4. palmbeach81

palmbeach81

Hi,

I have a Toshiba M35X-S109 that is experiencing the same problem you have. I have taken it apart several times, without issue. Usually, it was to try to re-solder the power jack. I have also had to replace a board in the screen, that took care of my screen going dimmer.

After the last time I put it together, it is doing exactly what you described. The power light comes on, the disk light flashes once, and the fan runs for a few seconds. Did you ever resolve your problem? If so, what was the issue? Did you have to send it away for repair? I am curious.

Thanks in advance.

5. trekguy

trekguy Thread Starter

I did end up sending it away. As funny as it may sound, there's a guy on Ebay, in Texas, that fixes them. Very thorough job, and reasonable. He knew exactly what it was... but I can't remember right now. I just took out the hard drive, and sent it to him. It came back in a about a week and a half... still working good as new! He also did a better fix on that stupid power jack that I had attempted... no more problems with that either.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice