1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Razman1983, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Razman1983

Razman1983 Thread Starter

Alright so this is what happened. I don't know if these two problems are in sync, but I'll tell you guys about it anyways.

I was working on an autocad project while installing adobe audition. Once installed, I opened it. After a few seconds, it gave me the blue screen of death stating something about IRQ error. I rebooted the pc and it was fine and started up normally. I went home with the laptop and started working on the project again. My PC was in hibernation for a few hours today as well. While working on autocad again, my keyboard stopped responding. I tried to ctrl + alt + del, but it would not detect it. I was connected to IRC and when I typed something, nothing was showing up. No letters. My mouse however still worked. I closed out the apps I was in after saving and then rebooted the PC through start menu. After it shut down, it never came back on. I kept on pressing the power button but it is getting no response. The AC power cord is still working because the two blue lights are still on, however the power button is not working. Now I don't know if this has something to do with the IRQ error earlier, but it won't start up now.

It's a toshiba laptop satellite. I don't remember the exact model since i'm not at home right now. My warranty is gone now (just ended in february) so I tried to open the back to see if I can spot anything. I removed all the screws but it won't pop out. I think there is something still holding it down but i'm not quite sure. Any help is appreciated.

2. nuaeman

nuaeman

You got same problem with me mate. For sure this is the last for me to buy Toshiba products. Our problem totally same and the brand and model we use also similar (Toshiba Satellite). Its meant the product not good. I already bring it to Store but unfortunately they also no idea.

3. Zeppfan

Zeppfan

Toshiba's own tech support online describes complaints of computers locking up. It seems that your systems have not been configured correctly for the programs that have been installed. A model number would be helpful.

You might have installed a program on a computer that may not have met the program's system requirements.

The link is from Toshiba's online support regarding system lockups and blank screens.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlView.jsp?soid=1991432&[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceadedleiejekcgfkceghdgngdgnn.0

4. Zeppfan

Zeppfan

5. Razman1983

1280x900 monitor resolution with 32-bit video card and 16MB of VRAM

I'm not sure but my video card is pretty crappy (on-board). I understand that starting up a program my computer can't handle might be problematic, but after the reboot I did not touch adobe audition. A few hours later though the PC went into lock down mode ;/

I'm already looking at new laptops. Sucky part is I had an autocad project due tonight and the only place I had it was on my laptop so Im sol ;/

6. Razman1983

Ok so I came home and tried one last time to keep my finger on power button for a few seconds and it worked but gave some error. Then I screwed all the screws back in and tried again and it works now ...

I don't know what it was..maybe autocad took too much of a toll on my laptop.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice