1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba P300 150 Product Recovery Disc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by riyad114, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. riyad114

riyad114 Thread Starter

Ive got a Toshiba P300 150 and i need the product recovery disc. I am not able to get to my desktop to create one.

Can some help, i got this laptop yesterday and i made a terrible mistake by putting a Toshiba P200 Product Recovery disc in the new laptop which is the reason why i messed it up.

If anyone has this laptop i would be so grateful if you would make me a copy.

I cannot purchase one until 7th Jan because Toshiba's site (uk) is doen until then.

If anyone has this laptop please email me

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I don't have that particular computer and don't know if this will work for you. Try pressing the F8 key while powering up the computer from a cold start. This may bring up a screen to let you restore the computer to factory fresh conditions. The recovery is done from a hidden partition on the hard drive.

EDIT: Forgetting my manners. Hi and welcome to TSG. You may want to edit your original post to remove your e-mail address. Some spam bot may pick it up, if it has not all ready happened.

3. riyad114

riyad114 Thread Starter

Ive tried pressing F8 but that doesn't work.

The only way i can fix the problem is by me having the Product Recovery Disc

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need to contact Toshiba and they will send you the correct and legal recovery discs for your system, gettign a copy of Recovery discs isn't legal. Here's the contract info for Toshiba: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/navShell.jsp?cf=su_contact

You may also see a message to press a key to run the Recovery from teh hard drive, if successfully then you can make your own recovery discs.

P.S. I have edited pout your email. Posting an email in an open forum is just asking for spam.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice