1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba P750-BT4G22 laptop turns on but the screen shows nothing / remains off.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beanz70, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beanz70

Beanz70 Thread Starter

I just purchased a brand new, customized Satellite P750-BT4G22 from Toshiba Direct, and right out of the box it is doing the following.

* Does not boot up
    * Storage Drive led does not light up
    *Only the power button is lit up, Keyboard won't light up
    *Screen does nothing, just stays black
    *Can hear fan running

I've tried it with the battery, without the battery, only plugged in, called tech support and held the power button down for the 10 seconds. I was told to ship it back. Maybe they should test their laptops before they ship them out. Very upset.
    This really makes me skeptical about Toshiba's care for quality. Sucks that I spend $1100 for a D.O.A laptop that I have not even used yet. Uuuggggg!!!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Most companies use a statistical model to decide how many of their units need to be tested to be sure to catch, say, 99% of the defective ones. They rarely test each unit. Bad ones do get through from time to time.

Not sure what you want from us. There is really not much you can do without voiding the warranty. It doesn't sound like anything obvious, though you could try the Fn keys (and I think the Fn 6 key at top) to see if you can turn on the screen.

Other than that, it could have been damaged in shipping. It doesn't take much to damage a hard drive. Make sure the RAM modules are firmly in their slots and the hard drive is connected. But don't leave an screw marks!

I bought a Satellite not long ago and their was no ritual or special dance I had to do to get it to start up.

Better send it back. I understand the frustration from waiting. [​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice