1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba portable media drive

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Doneet53, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doneet53

Doneet53 Thread Starter

Hello! I was given a portable Toshiba SuperMulti drive to accompany my Acer Laptop (Windows 7.) I am just now trying to use it to watch a DVD as my television is not working. I know this seems like an idiot question but I cannot figure out how to open the tray! I even googled an exact photo which viewed the tray in an open position, but it just will not budge. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Does it look like this one? With the portable drive plugged into a USB port that works, see if it's light comes on.....that's a signal it is up and working.

Usually the rounded oval button will open the tray- press it, wait a bit....keep pressing. They can be stuck- there is another way to try to open the tray:

Open Computer, My Computer, or ThisPC whatever shows your drives....this portable should show in Removable drives area......

Right click the portable DVD drive if it shows in that window and select "Eject" and that would also open the tray.

Another way, look for a tiny round hole in the front of the tray, using a straightened out paper clip, poke gently into that hole not too far....you will feel a little give when you contact the tray eject button inside the drive. Tray should also open that way.

Attached Files:

• dvd.JPG
      dvd.JPG
      File size:
      50.4 KB
      Views:
  3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

File manager and right click /eject on the disk.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!