1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Qosmio Sonic Record Now program disabled Windows CD burning, display

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by libbyinabq, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libbyinabq

libbyinabq Guest Thread Starter

The cute little Toshiba Record Now (DLA program --Drive Letter Access) that came with the laptop was locking the burned disk after any file was burned so I could not add any files.

The second I loaded files in the window of the SONIC NOW DLA program, it started automatically so I could not add any more files. Then nothing more could be added.

So I have a lot of discs with just a few files on them !!

Warranty is out--I didn't try to use this normal Windows cd burning feature the first year to see it didn't work. Now I would have to pay for help --unless someone out there can help me.

HOW DO I GET MY WINDOWS XP OPTIONS BACK?
    How do I get my cd options window that usually opens when you put in a disc back? No window pops up to say: play, open a window, do nothing, etc.

How do I get the option to add Send to CD drive D:/ (for burning)back on the menu when you right click a file or folder?

How do I get the option in the left hand bar of a XP window of files (File and Folder Tasks) that offers the file task of sending to a disk to the burner drive?

WHAT I TRIED
    I disabled DLA on the Tabbed box in properties, thinking this might return normal Windows XP services. No effect.

I went into services, found imapi CD burning Com Service and made it automatic, restarted, but service is still not there.

I hope someone else has dealt with this successfully! Thanks for any help possible.

Libby

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/455488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice