1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Qosmio X500 Display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grakat, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grakat

grakat Thread Starter

Ever since it was new my Qosmio display glitched randomly after start up.
    I returned it to Toshiba here in Adelaide but as every Tech nows "random faults NEVER appear on the work Bench ( I have been a techie for 40 years ),
    I have tried the driver updates but no change except to say it has become less noticeable.
    The unit is about 2yrs old now.
    The message " Display driver stopped working but has recovered ), is this a known Toshie fault ?.

Cheers Graham

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 840 @ 1.87GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8180 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M, 1536 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 463131 MB, Free - 282424 MB; D: Total - 715401 MB, Free - 676181 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Qosmio X500
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

2. Simba7

Simba7

The video card might have come loose. The only problem is, you'd have to disassemble most of the laptop to get to the GTX 460M card.

Also, the heatsink compound Toshiba used might be getting brittle due to the heat the card puts out.

3. grakat

grakat Thread Starter

Ok , Thanks i will look for a dissassem doco and give it a clean out, but it has been doing it since new so more likley a loose board conector, still it doesnt hurt to clean the old compound out and renew.
    Thanks for the input.

Graham

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice