1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

toshiba satellite 1800-172

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ALexkelly403, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ALexkelly403

ALexkelly403 Thread Starter

Hi
    I have a question concerning toshiba satellite 1800-712 and I was wondering is it worth anything was bought for about 1,500€ at the time
    Was one of first laptops on market plz help I researched whole internet could not find accurate answer

So all I am wondering how much is it worth or is it worth anything

Thanks
    ,Alexkelly403

2. ALexkelly403

Sorry toshiba satellite 1800-712 not 172

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Toshiba Satellite 1800-712 14.1" laptop came with Windows XP Home Edition and is 16 - 17 years old.
    If you're thinking about selling it, it's worth pretty much nothing now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. ALexkelly403

How Much around just asking

5. ALexkelly403

Even just slight bit of money will go far for me

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I can't give you a dollar amount.
    It all depends on what condition it's in and how much someone is willing to pay for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    http://www.toshiba.eu/discontinued-products/satellite-1800-712/
    The memory can only be expanded to 512MB and it has a 20GB hard drive. No one will want to buy an old laptop with such low specs. I would never purchase anything older than about 6 years and especially a laptop with a battery that probably no longer holds a charge.

No one will want a 20GB hd; USB sticks now a days hold more than that. I just bought a SanDisk 32 GB micro sd card yesterday for $7.58. More storage in a tiny package!

You might find someone who wants old RAM chips. Perhaps someone needs an adapter/charger. Someone might need a screen.

8. OverTallman

OverTallman

First Name:
    Jacky
    Around US$15-20 if it's in fair condition and has 512MB RAM, less if it's worse.

FYI I've paid about US$20 for a second-hand ThinkPad T23 a month ago, and it has a Tualatin P3 1.13GHz (newer than yours), 512MB RAM, 20GB HDD, fully working and in good condition. (I did spend a little bit more for a few upgrades afterwards, but that's another story)

But hey, since it's close to being worthless, why not just continue keeping it? You've already kept it till this day, and what's more, it's a great retro computing platform! Install Win98 on it and enjoy some DOS gaming sessions ;)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!