1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite 2750dvd

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sdeyoung1974, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sdeyoung1974

sdeyoung1974 Thread Starter

I had one of these laptops given to me.. I tried to re-install winxp but it takes a real long time to format the drive (thinking there's a problem with the HD). Once it's done formating, winxp starts installing, then is unable to copy certain files to HD and the installation fails. Also tried Win98 and that fails also. I'm thinking of changing the HD in this laptop and i'm just wondering how big of a HD I could put in.. Anyone have one of these and know anything about them?

2. 4steve44

4steve44

Try buying a legal copy of XP!

3. sdeyoung1974

What are you talking about? Who said anything about a pirated version of XP? I'm trying to find out how big of a HD my toshiba will take....

4. bonk

bonk Banned

How big is the HDD in it now?

5. sdeyoung1974

current drive is 6GB.. Seem to be having issues re-installing winxp so i'm thinking maybe it needs to be replaced...

6. bonk

bonk Banned

40GB would be OK

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice