1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite 4080XCDT keyboard keys malfunction

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by carolec21, Oct 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carolec21

carolec21 Thread Starter

My Toshiba and I are BAAAAAACK....for some reason, my 1,q,a,z and left side ctrl, shift and tab keys are not working (I have an external keyboard plugged into my laptop right now, which is extremely inconvenient). For awhile, there was some intermittent usability, but now.....NOTHING. I have tried to find new drivers on the Toshiba site, but there aren't any available right now. I am out of warranty and it costs $35. just to call them to discuss a problem. I have removed all of the affected keys and cleaned them, but still no luck. All of the other keys work fine.

On another note, after being infected in August with the Sircam virus and dumping and recreating my whole system, the right click button on my keyboard mouse is no longer working.

Any ideas out there?
    Thanks!
    Carole

2. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

If the external keyboard works fine, then the built-in keyboard is probably shot. Believe it or not, computer parts, especially laptop parts, do wear out. Don't waste your money on a support call or taking it in to a technician. The computer is too old and is not worth that type of repair. Time for a new one.

3. carolec21

carolec21 Thread Starter

OY. How did I know that would be the answer....! Thanks for the reply!

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

On the mouse problem, you might open the control panel, mouse settings, and see if it wasn't changed to lefthanded.......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/54823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice