1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

toshiba satellite A15 problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wrestler521, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrestler521

wrestler521 Thread Starter

I recently bought a Toshiba A15 Satelite notebook. It was working fine for the first two hours, and then it completely shut down. The only activity I could get out of it was a blinking AC adapter light. It only works again after a long period without being plugged it, but then it randomly shuts down again. can some1 please help me??? this laptop has crucial files that i need. thanks!

-AE-

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

Hi wrestler521

Welcome to TSG! :)

I have moved your thread to the Hardware forum.

3. bonk

bonk Banned

Make sure the power supply is getting power from the wall plug....check that the connecter is seated correctly.....is the battery charged and if so will it run from that.

4. wrestler521

yes the ac adapter is plugged in and the plug is well into the wall. But, the battery actualyl does not work. It stopped working awhile ago. If im lucky enough to even turn it on,. it is with the ac adapter plugged in

5. bonk

bonk Banned

I would say that maybe a problem with power supply but as you say you just bought it then it still has a warranty the take it back....as there is something wrong with it.

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Is it overheating?

And as mentioned above, if you just bought it, return it.

7. wrestler521

bought it used hahaha

8. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy folks...

wrestler521...

So if I'm reading this right, it will work after a while of being un plugged ?

And the battery doesn't work ?

Hmmm...

If it were mine I'd try it without the battery connected ( remove it ) and try it only on the AC adapter, the battery may be over heating...

JMO...

9. wrestler521

thanks yes iver tried that. So today i found someone with the same model type as mine, and his batter worked on my laptop. So i gave him my battery to chrage up. Any new ideas? thanks for ure help

10. ~Candy~

If, when he charges your battery, and it still won't work in either computer, it's time to replace the battery. They don't last forever...sometimes they die sooner.....than later.....

11. wrestler521

ya i know. I think i might need to change the internal power supply for the laptop if it works with the battery in and the ac adapter messes it up what do you guys think

12. ~Candy~

In any event, get your crucial files off while you have a chance ;)

13. wrestler521

yup im in the process as soon as that guy gives me bak my battery tomorow

14. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

So how is it working with the other battery ???

Don't know how to explain this properly, but laptops don't have an "internal power supply" per say, the adapter is the power supply, the laptop has a more or less, a power distribution board/circuit that cuts the voltage to the +12, -12, +5, -5, voltage needs for the motherboard...

15. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Man...I must have had a brain fart ( or it could mean I'm getting senile here after all I'm 42 ), if I miss my guess the blinking AC adapter light is a bad adapter ( I know for a fact it is this way on a Dell adapter )...

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/410588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice