1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite A200 - Black Screen

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BickBarrer, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BickBarrer

BickBarrer Thread Starter

Hi there, I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 and just today I've encountered a frustrating problem. Let's just get a few things out first.

I had intended to turn it off last night, but it didn't shut down. There was some message about a program still opened or something like that (not a big deal I thought as I had gotten it a few times before). I just clicked whatever it was that ended it or turned it off anyways. So today I come back to turn it on and it was on that message. I turn it off and come back later to turn it on. I noticed there was a black screen and I could not do anything. I hold the power button to turn it off and restart it. It loads the Toshiba/Phoenix screen fine. Then I get to the Windows Recovery screen. It gives me two options.

- Use the Windows Recovery thing to try to find and repair any errors
    - Start Windows normally

I tried the first option a few times but it said there was an unspecified problem due possibly to some hardware configurations (did not do anything before). I restarted and pressed F2 and looked for anything that might have caused it and I exited without saving any changes (Toshiba/Phoenix thing) and then it led me to the screen with the Safe Mode and other options. I chose Safe Mode just to see and it led me to the log-in screen, but after that it would not let me see those same options again. Anyways, I would start normally and at the loading screen, the bar would load but there is no Vista logo. After that, there's the black screen. I would restart, and get the screen with the 2 options again.

What I think may have been the problem is that I had turned on Returnil's session lock. Maybe that shutdown warning had to do with something? I had left Returnil on the previous day and shut off without any problems, and the next day I did not download anything, so it couldn't have been from something I downloaded.

2. hockeyfreak863

hockeyfreak863

insert your windows recovery disk restart the computer then go to system recovery/ repair windows or something similar and have that run, DONT INSTALL WINDOWS! Unless you like loosing your files and re-installing windows vista

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice