1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

toshiba satellite a40 laptop-LCD SCREEN

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jazzmaster44, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzmaster44

jazzmaster44 Thread Starter

The lcd screen backlight work fine, but screen is reddish. When I connect the external monitor to the laptop the video is great. When I installed a another used lcd screen into laptop the is white, and no video. So, I ordered another video cable hoping that this will fix the problem. What could cause the lcd screen to be white? The external monitor work good with the laptop, I am not getting any video to the lcd screen. Could the video on the motherboard be bad?

Thanks!

2. DeputyDogg

DeputyDogg

I don't think you have a bad video card if the image on the external monitor is fine. It sounds like its either the video cable or the backlight inverter. If the original lcd screen is bright enough and clear enough (except for the reddish tint) then I'd suggest trying the new video cable with the old screen. If you still get a reddish tint then I'd recommend replacing the backlight inverter (if you can - not all laptops allow this).

The only reason I can think the new screen isn't working is due to no/out-of-date/incompatible drivers. Still, not sure why the screen would be white. Have you tried the screen with a different laptop?

3. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

If the external monitor is working is working the onboard video is OK.

Try Fn + F5 keys. Sometimes they are use to toggle between laptop and external screens.

Check the video cable connections to make sure they are seated properly.

Reconnect the old screen to see if you still get a picture with it. If you do, then there is something wrong with the replacement screen.

Saw DepuTyDogg repled while I was typing. Don't think it is the backlight inverter with the replacement screen. Screen would not be white if it was.

Just had a thought for a possible work around with the old screen if it proves to be a problem with the new one.
    Graphics Properties, Color Correction.
    Select Red and decrease Brightness to get rid of the red tinge.
    You could also try increasing the Brightness for Blur and Green instead.
    Once you get something acceptable, click apply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/866670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice