1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite C55t-A with Windows 8.1 Keeps Freezing

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by slamotrutta, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slamotrutta

slamotrutta Thread Starter

It happens right after I start certain programs. So far it's happened with League of Legends and iTunes (when I go to the iTunes store). I'm usually really good about keeping my computer healthy and I can diagnose problems without any help typically, but this time I'm stumped.

Thanks

-Eric

2. donetao

donetao Banned

3. slamotrutta

slamotrutta Thread Starter

Thanks! When it happens, I hold the power button to shut it off. When I press it again to turn back on, it restarts really quickly. When I've had to force a shutdown in the past, it automatically gives me the option to run safe mode when I turn it back on. However, it's not giving me that option this time. I'd imagine there's a way to manually start in safe mode, so I'll look into that. I should also mention that these freezes started happening shortly after installing some Windows updates.

Thanks

4. donetao

donetao Banned

Hi! You can try this!
    You can still have Safe Mode, however, it is buried deep into the recovery options of Windows 8. While just mashing the F8 key as we all know will boot you into automatic recovery mode, you can still manually access the recovery options by pressing the Shift+F8 key combination. Even more simple, however, is the option to just hold the SHIFT key and click Restart at the login screen, or even within Windows.

5. allheart55

allheart55

6. donetao

donetao Banned

Thanks Cindy! I think that link is where I copied and pasted my reply from. I guess I should have posted the whole link like you did and not copied and pasted just a portion of the link. I've never been associated with a rule like this before.
    I guess I have learned some thing new and will try not to repeat my mistake. I guess the big boys call what I done, plagiarism. I figure any thing posted on the web is fair game. There are to many lawyers these days. LOL
    Thanks Cindy!!

7. donetao

donetao Banned

When I Google " How do I get into safe mode W8" This is what I get. I just opened the first posted reply and I copied from it and pasted it my reply to OP. I guess if there are rules against that, then I broke the rules.
    Not complaining, but I have seen a lot more serious rules broken here on TFG.
    I'm through complaining now. A little punchy about breaking forum rules in the future. Differently slowed my posting down for now.
    Thanks everyone for explaining. I'm hopping I'm understanding why I received a warning and hopping I don't repeat my error. Don't be to surprised if I forget and do this again.LOL I'm old and senile!! LOL:D
    Thanks Cindy!

Attached Files:

8. DSTM

DSTM

Posting a link to the information is a far better bet. Donateo.:)
    Then double checking the information you read is correct.
    A lot of information on the net is incorrect as I have found over the years.
    The link Cindy gave is a very good site for accurate information.
    I use them often.

9. donetao

donetao Banned

Thanks Dougie! I agree that is a very good site for accurate information. I try to post accurate information and check to see to see if it's correct.
    Welcome to techguy Mate. They can use your knowledge here!!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!