1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite keeps crashing upon reformat

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by JulesM, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JulesM

JulesM Thread Starter

Hello all,

I hope you can help. Pretty new at all of this, but I reformatted an old laptop - Toshiba Satellite, a305-s6825, using the windows vista installation CD. There was nothing important in the HD so I thought once I updated the drivers, things would run relatively smoothly. I updated all drivers from the Toshiba website, updated bios, and it still keeps on crashing when I do one of 2 things:

1) boot with the battery
    2) surf the web - after a few minutes

I installed add-ons like the adobe flash player, google, but that's really about it. This is really baffling me. these crashes didn't happen before the reformatting.

If someone could provide insight, I would really appreciate it.

best regards,

Jules

2. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

Normally it's a good practice to install all Windows updates after you have all drivers up to date.. Do you have all your updates completed including SP1&2?

3. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064669