1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite Laptop PCI ? When upgrading to WIndows 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by revitup540, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. revitup540

revitup540 Thread Starter

I am trying to upgrade my laptop to Windows 2000. Once the OS was loaded I have two PCI slots not not recognized. I tried to put a Netgear Card into the slot and it did not work so I went to Device Manager. It gave me a PCI ?. I dont know where to get a driver for the PCI slots because I dont know there names. What do I do? Please help???

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

PCI slots?

Some laptops have "mini PCI" under a screwed up panel beneath the laptop, but do you mean the slots on the side, as they are PCMCIA or CardBus.

It really would help to know the exact model of laptop, if you want to be pointed to any required drivers (which you will need after reloading)

3. revitup540

My laptop is a Toshiba 3005 Satellite. Pentium 3. The slots with the problem are on the side. The PCMCIA Slots arent recognized.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

have you done Windows Updates and Service packs for 2000?

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Go here:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp

Navigate to Downloads, enter the exact model, then get the chipset driver for the laptop (It's there, I checked) and download and run the .exe file to install.

I can't reliably deep link to the file or I would.

Afetr reloading Windows on any system, you should reapply all the correct drivers for all the devices, for that version of Windows.

6. revitup540

Yeah I did the updates all the way up to Service Pack 4. I updated the sytem with all Microsoft updates which were available.

7. revitup540

Thank you very much. That was a huge help :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/465571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice