1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by tonchis, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tonchis

tonchis Thread Starter

To Flavallee (Frank)Could you tell me where the ATI onboard Graphic video card is located in the Motherboard. Also can they be replace or upgraded. If posiible could you send me a picture of the motherboard of the ATI onboard Graphic video card. This is a Toshiba satellite Laptop Model # PSLC8U-00D010. This Laptop will boot up the fan is working all lights are on. I tested the Memory sticks (Ram) on another Laptop plus i also tested the Hard Drive. I also took apart the screen and all the wiring seem to be connected. I connected the VGA adapter to a different Monitor and still no video display. I am no sure but could it be the ATI onboard Graphic video card. Please help me with this problem.

tonchis

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to the number that you submitted, you appear to have a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5881 laptop.

I've never disassembled a laptop and replaced parts, so I can't address your isisue.

--------------------------------------------------------

3. tonchis

tonchis Thread Starter

can anybody tell me where the ATI onboard Graphic video card is located in the Motherboard. Also can they be replace or upgraded. If posiible could you send me a picture of the motherboard of the ATI onboard Graphic video card. This is a Toshiba satellite Laptop Model # PSLC8U-00D010. This Laptop will boot up the fan is working all lights are on. I tested the Memory sticks (Ram) on another Laptop plus i also tested the Hard Drive. I also took apart the screen and all the wiring seem to be connected. I connected the VGA adapter to a different Monitor and still no video display. I am no sure but could it be the ATI onboard Graphic video card. Please help me with this problem.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I've merged your threads here. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

5. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Have you taken apart the laptop?? Its possible the CPU has gotten to the point where its gettign too hot on POST...I had this problem with a G$ it started up but no picture...I removed the HARD AS ROCK thermal paste and applied new paste and it now runs wonderfully at 41C on idle :)

6. jenae

jenae

Hi, you cannot add an external Video card to that laptop you can replace the onboard card, however it is a job for someone technically trained, it is probably worth considering the labor charge for this, as against getting a new laptop, everything you spend on it is wasted money and should be considered as better spent on a new unit... up to you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1124028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice