1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite M70

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Damonc, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

Hi,
    I've been given a Toshiba Satellite M70 Laptop.. I've been given this laptop because the internal screen isn't working.. so wanting some opinions.

The screen lights up, but doesn't display a picture - instead just random vertical & horizontal lines. I think its probably going to be the LCD panel, I've reseated the cable at both ends but didn't make a difference.

Just wondering what other people think.. I just don't want to order a replacement panel if someone thinks it might be the mainboard for example.

2. arknorth

arknorth

Well, the first thing I would do is plug an external monitor to it and see what comes up. Toshibas have a diagnosis function that you can run if you hit F8 at startup. Choose the test and let see if it finds any problems with the onboard screen.

A-N

3. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

Whoops sorry meant to say that I'd tested it with an external screen and that was ok. I didn't know about the F8 function tho.. might give that a shot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/767723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice