1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite P100 Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Piglesnout, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Piglesnout

Piglesnout Thread Starter

Hello! I just made an account here because I'm having a rather serious problem with my computer. When I turn on my computer, everything seems to work... except the moniter. The fans whirr, you can hear the windows start-up, but my screen remains completely black. No light at all. Could this be Vista messing up, or is it a hardware issue? Help!

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Do you have a monitor you can plug into it? If so, you need to press Fn and F5 at the same time to enable it. If that works then there is a problem with the display, backlight, or inverter. If a separate monitor does not work, then some other hardware or possibly drivers.

3. Piglesnout

OMG THANKS

IT WORKED :D :D I was panicking ;) but you came along and saved meh

thanks a ton bro :D

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

So the problem is either the display, backlight, or inverter. Very hard to troubleshoot without spare parts...

5. Piglesnout

Hmm. Now my external monitor has no red colour... :(

Well, after I did your instructions, I plugged it into my external monitor and it had no red colour working; only green and blue. This is making me think that perhaps it's something wrong with the video card.... I tried with 3 different monitors and cables, so I doubt it's those things removing the red. Help me again!! :p

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024527

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice