1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite p35-s6112 shuts itself down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jsprojects, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsprojects

jsprojects Thread Starter

My Toshiba Satellite p35-s6112 shuts itself down; problem is getting worst, and now the laptop is unusable bc it doesn't stay on for more than 20 minutes. Seems temperature related (fans are working OK). Any clues how to solve?

2. norton850

norton850

You can try blasting the fan vent with compressed air. If it's overheating because of dust etc. that may help.

3. joy84

joy84

i had the same problem with that very same laptop for almost a year. what finally fixed it was every time i turned on my computer i have to go to control panel and then power options. the power scheme should be set to toshiba power saver (you can go into that and make sure it is set on a low power usage so it doesnt run too hot) you have to first change the power setting to something else and apply it. after you do that change it back to toshiba power saver and apply that. the computer should then work fine without overheating. :) at least it worked for me anyway. now my comptuer wont charge at all though so maybe you have that to look forward to as well ha.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice