1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite--Preparing Automatic Repair

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by LCinFL, Jun 5, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. LCinFL

LCinFL Thread Starter

Last night, I booted my computer and got the Preparing Automatic repair message. It then said it was searching and repairing, and that this process could take over an hour. It ran several hours before I went to bed, and then I let it continue with this message all night. When I got up this morning, it was just a black screen. When I boot my laptop now, it gives me the Preparing Automatic Repair message again, and then goes to a black screen with an active cursor but nothing else after a few seconds. I would really appreciate any help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!