1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

toshiba satellite pro A300 bios password reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 1Melody, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Melody

1Melody Thread Starter

Hello,
    i was wondering if someone could tell me why when reseting the bios password via jumpers on motherboard is it stated that 1 of the 2 memory sticks should be left in the FIRST slot (the one furthest from motherboard)?

I ask because the top/FIRST memory slot on the motherboard of my laptop (please see title) is broken.

Can I perform try to reset by leaving a memory stick in the second slot (closest to the motherboard)?

Many many thanks :)

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy

2. If you KNOW the password this is the procedure
    http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Comput...-UEFI-BIOS-or-HDD-hard-disk-drive/ta-p/407769

If you know the password for the BIOS or UEFI or don't have one set, you can change or remove a password through the UEFI/BIOS settings, Hardware Setup Utility, or TOSHIBA Security Assist Utility.

As explained on the link with the sub links to the appropriate OS

3. The procedure you appear to refer to, irrespective of where you found it is - I would think part of a suggested method when you do NOT know the password.

4. If that is the case, then one of the rules of this site is

5. Therefore I hope you will appreciate why we cannot assist if the presently set password is unknown.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice