Toshiba satellite programs not responding? PLEASE HELP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kaorukasumi13

Hey guys, im new. I am having computer issues and I would really like some help. I have a Toshiba satellite L745-S4110 that runs Windows 7 home premium. It is at least 5 years old. I have only ever had one virus on it to where I couldn't even use the computer, in which I installed malware bytes anti-malware and got rid of it. I do regular cleanups. I have uninstalled EVERYTHING I don't need. The only things I still use on my computer are chrome, pictures/media player (I uninstalled iTunes recently), paint, wordpad, and the on screen keybord because my x,c,v, and m buttons do not work. I had the following programs installed on my computer the past couple years before I started having major problems:
- ITunes (used somewhat often)
- Minecraft (played a lot)
- Log me in Hamachi (used with Minecraft, I believe there are still files on my computer with logmein but I can't figure out how to delete them)
- League of Legends (I never played it)
So here's the thing: My computer starts fine. Its a lot slower than it used to be, but I assumed it was old age. No matter what program I click on, it will be okay for a few minutes (sometimes enough time for me to get my work done) and then specific programs stop responding, and if you close out of the ones that seem to be fine (clickable), it will then not respond. The computer is overall very slow, programs are not responding, and sometimes when I open chrome it doesn't show anything. Not an error message, just clicks and doesn't show up. Keep clicking, eventually they show up and not respond. Sometimes the bottom bar with the start button doesn't respond and a small box pops up that says Windows 7 not responding and even /that/ box isnt responding. I have tried control-alt-delete. When my computer is frozen, it doesn't pop up. I have to do a hard reset on the computer or it will stay frozen for hours. I got an error message (attached) one day when i turned it back on. I have ended process in task manager. I have defragmented discs multiple times, run disc cleanup multiple times, checked for updates, uninstalled programs and pre-installed programs I don't need, I've unchecked start up programs, run malware bytes antialware multiple times and it doesn't show anything. What else can I do? I want to erase everything off of my computer (I cannot reinstall windows 7 because I don't have a disc) but I have no way to back up my data. I don't have a ton of pictures, I have plenty space on my computer left after uninstalling things and I never had it cluttered to begin with. Is it possible for parts to have moved around inside (RAM?) from dropping it a little? It's been through a lot but still works fine other than this issue. Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't have a whole lot to fix it, so any tips or tricks help, I don't really want to install anything if possible. Thanks.

Here are the programs I have still installed:
- Adobe air/flash player 21 activex/npapi
- Adobe reader xi
- atheros communications (?)
- Cisco eap-fast module/leap module/peap module
- conexant HD audio
- chrome
- Intel graphics driver / Intel management engine components
- Intel rapid storage technology
- Java 7 update 71 / (64-bit)
- label @once 1.0
- malware bytes anti malware
- Microsoft .net framework
- Microsoft office 2010
- Microsoft silverlight
- Microsoft SQL server 2005 compact edition
- Microsoft visual C++2005/2008/2010
- play ready PC runtime
- realtek USB reader driver / wlan driver
- synaptics pointing device driver
- toshiba: application installer, assist, disc creator, eco utility, hardware setup, HDD/add alert, laptop checkup, media controller and plug in, online backup, PC health monitor, quality application, recovery media creator, resolution plug in for Windows Media player, sleep utility, supervisor password, value added package, web camera application, registration
- Windows live essential / mesh activex control for remote connections

What can I delete?

Last edited:

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi, check and post the following.
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
======
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/dl/123/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista - Win 7 - right click the install icon and select "Run as Administrator"
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.
======
Run System File Checker
Click on Start - Search
Type
cmd
Right click on cmd.exe - select Run as Administrator.
At the Command Prompt window - Type
sfc /scannow

Press Enter.
Let it run to completion - but do not close the Command Prompt window.
To save the log file.
Copy and Paste the following into Command Prompt.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

Press Enter
On your desktop you will see a text file called sfcdetails.txt
Copy and Paste into your next post.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-system-file-checker-analyze-its-logs-in-windows-7-vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online