Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiba satellite screen goes black.

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
I have a just barely 6y/o Toshiba satelliteA135-S4666. Few says ago was working perfectly fine, now the screen footed blank after a few seconds of turning on. It's still running and sometimes i can get the screen back on if i move it back and forth.
That at least gets me to believe maybe a wire is just loose and not the graphics or motherboards. I just need some directions on were to go from here.

#3 ·
Hi and welcome to TSG.

This sounds very typical for a faulty / failing inverter board for the LCD screen. When it is black, if you shine a strong light at the screen can you see the correct images at all (will be quite feint)?

I don't no specifically for that laptop, but the inverter boards are often relatively easy to replace, so might be worth have a look at that option.

#4 ·
I shined the screen with a light and can see it faintly. I'm fairly sure it's the inverter and not the back screen light since sometimes it will flicker if i tap the top of the laptop. Just got to wait for funds to buy an inverter. To be continued...

Thanks for all the advice. :)

#5 ·
It's worth checking the cable connections between motherboard and screen. Unplug and replug them, that might be all it takes to fix it.

If not you can probably get a used but working inverter cheaply on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.