1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satellite

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pkdoherty, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pkdoherty

pkdoherty Thread Starter

Hi

I have just replaced the screen on my Toshiba Satellite U50D-A laptop myself as they as it was not covered under warranty.

Now when I power it on it comes up with PXE messages which indicate it is trying to boot from the LAN instead of the HDD.

HDD is the first boot device in the BIOS

Possibly the HDD was wiped when it was in for repair and therefore it cannot find a boot partition on it to boot from.

My initial questions are:

1. How can I tell if the HDD has a bootable partition on it?
    2 How can I reload Windows 8 onto the HDD if I do not have a CD/DVD drive on the laptop?

Mant thanks for any help you can give me.

2. marbski

marbski

make sure your HDD is detected on the BIOS if not try to press del or f2 to go into bios then select your HDD as primary HDD press f10 to save changes,,try if you can boot it.. if not then you will have to re install your operating system via bootable flash drive.

3. pkdoherty

pkdoherty Thread Starter

The HDD is recognised in the BIOS as TOSHIBA MQ01ABD075.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1139305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice