1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

toshiba satellite

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by passepartout, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. passepartout

passepartout Thread Starter

I have a toshiba satellite and the screen goes blank, sometimes its ok. Is it a fault of the power management? How do you adjust the power management on this type of machine. Control panel is a dead end, is this particular to Toshiba notebooks?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Does it go black while using the laptop or after sitting idle for a while? If while in use then its a hardware failure. If you look closely at the laptop when it goes black can you make out anything on the screen? If so its likely your backlight or inverter thats failing.

3. AlanKinNA

AlanKinNA

I would agree with my neighbor re: "inverter" and simply suggest to you that you gently press firmly on the exterior of the case in many different places to try and determine if there is a "short circuit" somewhere. Basis for my reply: Experience with short circuits on IBM Thinkpad mother board.

4. passepartout

It goes blank while in use, it did while typing this. I can play it ok thru the tv, If I close the lid it comes back but goes again, you can see the page very faintly on the screen. Now its ok. Very strange, definitely no bugs I have a load of anti bug stuff on it. I think its hardware failure. Opening and closing the lid several times seems to scare it into working.

5. AlanKinNA

AlanKinNA

Long shot guess: try cleaning the interlock switch (little button that shuts off power to screen) on laptop. The switch is depressed when the lid closes. Logically this could be the cause, as it could shutt off power to the screen, given your selected parameters. To determine that withOUT cleaning, access your particular power settings and select "do nothing when closing lid" or words to that effect. Basis for this reply: experience with laptops

6. passepartout

Thanks cleaned the contact but lost the dam button into the machine. Has been ok all night,
    good thinking. See how it goes.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/555434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice