1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Satelllite 1410/14154 laptop won't boot up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Morley6, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Morley6

Morley6 Thread Starter

Last nite I had a message that a new update was available for Window XP service pack 2, so I clicked on it and as it was loading it gave me messages that certain files could not be found so I cancelled download.

I shut computer off and this morning it will not boot up, The Toshiba logo comes up and then the Microsoft logo with the blocks underneath moving and then nothing.

I unplugged and replugged and got it to page where it can be run in Safe Mode or Normal mode and have clicked on Safe Mode-it shows a lot of numbers and such and then goes back to the Microsoft logo and nothing.

I tried the Normal mode and it does the same thing.

What the heck happened here, please help.

I have 3 recovery disks, but it will wipe everything out and I hate to have to set up my modem again and email account etc. I have 2 computers and am using the one with my remote now.

Please please help.

Morley 6

2. indranx

indranx

Sound DOS attacked. heh .heh. heh.
    Maybe cause of half a way u stop the upgrading for XP2,
    its hanging position now. Seems your safe mode can't load. Eerrrmm.. must re-format. See the Expertise what says............. :)

3. Morley6

Morley6 Thread Starter

I had to call Toshiba and they told me I had to use my recovery disks to take it back to when it came from factory. I did not worry about losing everything as I had most programs that I had installed before. I also had made some back-up disks.

When I tried to use the recovery disks I kept getting WRONG MACHINE message and Toshiba told me I had to go and download a DMI Utility as these recovery disks were missing something. Had a tech come in and he helped me and it is up and running now.

4. indranx

indranx

because main system file corrupted cause of upgrading half way disconnected.
    try re formating..

5. Morley6

Morley6 Thread Starter

problelm solved, had to take it back to when I bought it .

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!