Toshiba Tecra 700CT w/ win 95 (Help!!)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

picosa922

Hello all you techies,

I'm having some problems with this old computer that I bought at a garage sale! You see the laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 700CT it has intel pentium, 120mhz (speed pro), 32mb (ram). Well besides all of that, it used to work until I started cleaning out files and threw out some files which now I know could of came in handy during the boot up process. So, everytime I turn it on I get an error message of "invalid system disk"..."Replace the disk, and then press any key." I dont know what to do about this or how to fix it, can any of you help me! Please!!

If you didn't get the system restore disk that comes with the computer then you will need a Win95 install CD, and it's not easy to install Win95 either. You have to install DOS, CD drivers first and you will have to find the video driver on the Toshiba web site too. Good luck!

Don't know where you ever got that install process for Win95. You can install it just the way you do Win98 only the installation requires a boot disk. No installation of a standalone DOS needed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online