1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba Tecra 9100 battery issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tlordame, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlordame

tlordame Thread Starter

So, I just bought this new laptop with 1.8ghz, a 40gb hard drive, and 1gb ram for $120. I have installed all drivers provided by toshiba including the latest bios update. According to the online PDF user manual, when the battery is charging, it's supposed to say solid amber color, but mine flickers. It flickers very rapidly when the laptop is turned off in regular intervals. When it's turned on, it flickers about 8 times a minute, also at regular intervals. On the laptop power options, the battery always says 100%, but it won't even last one second when you unplug the laptop. My question is, is it the battery or the port receplicator on the motherboard that's out? I was told by another guy that the board was bad if it did 8 long flashes and then 2 short, but it's not doing that. I don't really trust this guy though, cuz he was one of those snakey horrible people that are just out to get your money. So, is it the battery or port receplicator?

BTW, I've already called Toshiba directly and all they tell me is to send it in to get looked at. They arn't allowed to say the answer to this question over the phone.:mad:

2. tlordame

tlordame Thread Starter

Doesn't anyone have any ideas?:(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/635799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice