1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Toshiba X205 SLI1/ NiVida cards Crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jdamn2002, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdamn2002

jdamn2002 Thread Starter

After installing 4 GB of ram the SLI performance mode no longer works. I tried to bring it back to a Toshiba dealer but they told me that I voided the warranty o my computer by installing 4 GB of ram. The problem is only when the SLI is turned on, if I am only using 1 video card then everything runs fine, if not then the computer will turn aero on vista off by itself and it will not play any type of video file, if I try to load up a game then its all kinds of wacky colors (greens purples and blues) then soon after the whole engine of the game crash and error reports come up about my graphics cards. I tried to tweak the SLI performance mode and had some success that is I was able to play certain videos, but when I tried to play a game I continued to have the crazy colors. The only thing that I can think is that it is a driver issue, but I have no way of getting a hold of Toshiba since I am deployed to Afghanistan and they have the worst hours of operation ever. Toshiba has really let me down and they have been no help at all with helping me with my problem. I have searched all over the net for driver updates on 8600M GT video cards but I have came up with nothing, I have also updated my bios and my chip set, (also windows and other updates) but nothing is working and I am still short one graphics card.

Also, when I re-installed the 2 One Gig chips everything worked fine, but the problem is my computer has better performance with the 4 gigs. So the benefits are higher with the 4 rather then the 2 but id rather it if I could have 4 gigs and 2 graphics cards.

Sent Reports to Microsoft too, nothing back from them either, just tells me to check back later.

-Meyer

2. CDATech

CDATech

Are there any bios flashes available for your Toshiba? or any info on the Toshiba support site about this issue? I scoured the web and found nothing remotely resembling your issue.

3. jdamn2002

jdamn2002 Thread Starter

I know I did the same thing and nothing, going to these forums is the only other thing that I can think of. I don’t know what bios flashes are, but as far as Toshiba, I can not even find an e-mail address to email them to let them know that this thing is messed up. When I call I am directed to a local repair guy. So they will not even talk to you if you don’t go see that guy first. but I went to them and they told me that I voided my warranty then wanted to charge me 150 per hour just to look at it, I paid someone else to look at it while I was home and they can not find the problem either. Im kind of stuck now. Just looking for ideas.... wish I could get a hold of Toshiba, worst costumer support ever.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/709876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice