1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tosihba P35-S6292 Touchpad does not work.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computervirusrem, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computervirusrem

computervirusrem Thread Starter

Touch Pad does not work - nor the right left buttons. pf9 etc does not work. Mouse works fine.

Tosihba P35-S6292 Windows XP sp2 Satellite.

Could not detect any known virus. sfc/scannow found nothing wrong.
    Reinstalled driver and controls for ALPS Touch Pad.

If its necessary to open it up - please recommend a visual step by step web site.

Respond to [email protected]

Thank you.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    you may have to reset the touch pad in Control panel. Not sure about the Satelite but I had to do this on my Dell Ispiron. The Synaptics HID (Human Interface Device) had to be reset when I made some changes taht invariably effected the touch pad.

3. computervirusrem

computervirusrem Thread Starter

Not sure how to "reset" the touch pad. So, instead, I went into the Device Manager, via System and uninstalled the HID - unplugged the usb mouse, and restarted the computer (with a solid background in ALT, TAB and Arrow keys grin).

However, the ALPS Touch Pad driver wasn't "found" - which implies it was working.

How do I reset the touch S-HID ?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice