Touch screen erratic

ldarlene

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touch-screen-is-erratic-it-has-a-mind-of-its-own.1243123/

replying to
You do not need to install it! Simply run it directly from the USB Flash Drive or CD/DVD. Sure hope you haven't damaged your Windows partition. <gulp>

By the way, before I get in trouble here, if your original Thread has been closed, please start a new Thread with the same Title and then post a URL to your first one at the top. Here is the reason why:

oppps, knew I should have asked before continuing......
So how will I know if I have damages the partition? I did follow directions for installing along side, not replacing

ldarlene

no problem. When I try to boot I get a screen that gives Zorin and windows option. (+ two others, can't remember what options) If I scroll down to windows and click on it then windows loads.

Touch screen worked in Zorin for a bit, then suddenly the screen went crazy again, opening new screens, flickering, mouse had disappeared. Would not let me access the option to turn off computer. Had to try several times. Got back into windows. Screen was so erratic it would not let me type in device manager to get back to the option of turning off touch screen. After several more attempts I was finally able to turn it off.
So I guess it is not a windows problem.

I agree. Since it is free of any malware, exhibits the same erratic behavior in more than one Operating System and you have applied the latest HP BIOS/firmware updates, I'm afraid it sounds like you're dealing with a flaky/failing touch screen. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online