1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Touch screen/Pen and Touch not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CountryGirl84, Nov 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountryGirl84

CountryGirl84 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3534 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8400, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 453 GB (151 GB Free);
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

First of all I was running Windows 8 everything was fine. Upgraded to Windows 8.1 everything was good at first. Months after doing so my touch screen started acting up. It would only work when I position the screen a certain way. So I stopped messing with it because I thought it was a wiring problem inside the computer. I would fix it later, And then sadly I upgraded to Windows 10. I noticed shortly after there was no touch screen options at all. It says there is no Pen and Touch. Today it was listed in the control panel so I started messing with it. Drivers were there all up to date. They said the Device did not migrate. It was 2 or 3 drivers listed for the touch screen and they all said the same thing. After a restart they were no longer in the device manager and no options in the control panel anymore. Please help me figure this out... Thank you.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the model name and complete model number of that Toshiba?
    (2 sets of characters separated by a dash comprise the complete model number)

If that Toshiba wasn't tested for and doesn't provide driver support for Windows 10, you can expect some of its devices not to work properly or not work at all.
    That tends to be more of a problem with laptops than it does with desktops.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1181419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice