1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Touch screen stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by steadysystems, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steadysystems

steadysystems Thread Starter

2. manamissam

manamissam

Try plugging in a mouse, navigating to device manager, and updating the driver for the touch screen interface.

3. steadysystems

why would I have to do that? I just bought this thing like 2 weeks ago. It just stopped working.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

It should be still under warrenty then, bring it back to the shop to exchange for a new one.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The reason to update to the latest driver for any mal-functioning device is because there may have been a bug in the version released with the product and it has since been fixed. There is also the possibility that the installed instance has become corrupted and reinstalling the driver will fix the problem. I doubt that this is a driver issue, but making sure it isn't seems a lot more convenient than immediately looking for warranty support.

6. steadysystems

I am in device manager but do not see touch screen interface. And my display adapters and monitors are up to date.

7. steadysystems

Isn't the touch screen controlled by Samsung software?

8. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Try doing a System Restore to a date prior to this not working.

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know anything about this, and don't know if the following is of any importance.

In Device Manager on my Acer tablet under Human Interface Devices there is

EETI PCAP MultiTouch Digitizer and Microsoft Input Configuration Device.

Haven't found much info on those, but they both seem to be touch specific, and the first may be Acer specific.

10. steadysystems

It doesn't seem like anyone really knows about Touch Screen. All the advice given is overly obvious. Of course those things would be last plan of action. I'm trying to avoid that.

Nevermind, I will figure it out on my own.

11. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'm sure that you are correct about there being little experience and knowledge here w.r.t. Windows and touch screens. But updating drivers and reverting to a System Restore point to just before the problem began are not last resorts. They are pretty standard early attempts, right after a Restart, to fix many problems.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1066472

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice