1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TouchPad cursor frozen

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Solider83, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solider83

Solider83 Thread Starter

My Toshiba Satellite TouchPad is frozen and fn-f5 and f9 won't fix the problem and I am at my wits end.

2. LIS333

LIS333

Hp laptops have a small pinhole in one corner of the touchpad. It is actually a toggle that, when double tapped, turns on or turns off the touchpad. I believe it possible your Toshiba may have the same touchpad which may be the source of your problem. Double or single tap the toggle and you may unfreeze it. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. LIS333

LIS333

Alternatively...on the Task Bar, there is an icon called ELAN pointing device. Right-clicked, you'll get 2 options...choose "Property of Touch Pad". That will take you (by a short-cut) to Mouse Properties on on the Control Panel. At the very bottom of this there is a box. When checked, the touch pad is disabled. When left unchecked, the touch pad is enabled!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!