1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

touchpad delay windows 10 sticking

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by discorodeo, Feb 26, 2020.

1. discorodeo

discorodeo Thread Starter

so I just upgraded to windows 10 from 7. Touchpad still attaches itself to whatever im working on when I lift my finger from it.

driver im using is elan/ps2 inport device

I have tried synaptics driver and that did not work

my touchpad setting is on most sensitive palm tracking is at low setting. Touchpad still sticks.

found this on reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3yqvzv/no_delay_always_on_under_mouse_and_touchpad/

my questions
    Is there other options from the menu to turn touchpad sensitivity to 0?

I downoaded the free version of windows 10 is there a chance of it coming from free not having all the features of a paid version?

I have defaulted the driver to the one that it comes with installed....something mouse its called, and the sensitivity is great but the scrolling does not work at all.

Is there a tool I can download to install drivers from windows 7 onto windows 10?

please help...

2. discorodeo

discorodeo Thread Starter

another thing.......
    I downloaded it for free.....so im thinking if it was for free it might come from third parties...things might be broked and not working right....?

Im going to bite the bullet and pay for it....touchpad is really driving me up the wall. I need a no delay touchpad

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you were having issues with your laptop (unknown brand name, model name, model number) while it was running Windows 7, and then you did an "upgrade" install to Windows 10, and it's still having the same issues, the upgrade likely carried over issues and debris from Windows 7 into Windows 10.
    A "clean" install of Windows 10 would have wiped out everything and given your laptop a fresh start.

If you want to waste money buying Windows 10, that's your choice.
    You can get it from HERE and re-install it for free.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice