1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Touchpad Left button does Right Button actions and Right Button does nothing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mocdog, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mocdog

mocdog Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite L4550-S5976 running under Windows 7. When I start it up (and if I catch it at the right time), the touchpad buttons work fine for a few minutes. After the machine completely boots, the touchpad button problems start - the left button performs as the right button and the right button does nothing.

On a lark, I plugged in a USB mouse and rebooted. When I do that, the mouse works fine AND the touchpad buttons work properly. Carrying around a mouse isn't always convenient so I'd like to have the machine work as expected.

I tried updating the touchpad drivers - that did not fix the problem. I even reinstalled Windows 7 on the machine - that did not fix the problem either.

Any ideas what I could do next to fix this problem?

Thanks, Brian

2. blakcshadow

blakcshadow

try in safe mode, that may work. if it does, remove programs that run on startup one by one until you find the one causing the issue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice