1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Touchpad not working, windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bertiebott34, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bertiebott34

bertiebott34 Thread Starter

Upon starting up my laptop the touchpad is no longer working, I am currently using a USB mouse but would like to use the touchpad. It have run a troubleshoot and it comes up with a code 10 error. I have also noticed that if i hit Fn and the touchpad button nothing happens but my keyboard will then stop working and i have to hit the power off and then on again and it then works. Also if i scroll over the touch pad my keyboard no longer works and cannot type until again I power off/on.
    Please can anyone help with this, I have been looking into this for the last 3 hours and no joy at all
    Many thanks

2. bertiebott34

bertiebott34 Thread Starter

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

You posted in the Windows Vista section, but your title mentions Windows 7, so I'm not really sure which Windows version you have in that computer.

Go to Control Panel - Device Manager.
    Are there any entries there with a ? or ! next to them?

Click the + in Mice and other pointing devices.
    If the Synaptics touchpad is listed there, double-click it to open its properties window, then click the "Driver" tab.
    What's the driver version listed?

--------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1021040