Touchpad scrolling lagging and glitchy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

midtownapp

First of all, I'm running an ASUS Q550L Windows 8.1. I believe this system uses "SmartGesture" for the toucpad driver, which I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times over the past couple of days trying to get this worked out. If there are other specs that I should share, let me know.

The problem is that the multi finger gestures, in particular two-finger scrolling has been suddenly glitching and lagging. Scrolling with arrow keys or the click scroll on the side of pages works, but when I'm trying to use the two-finger scroll gesture on any page or program, the movement either lags several seconds and does an incomplete motion or it does not have any motion at all. It also sometimes clicks after the lag at random.

I've un and re-installed the SmartGesture driver a couple of times and that has not helped the issue. I also turned off many of the gestures which I do not use (such as any 3-finger scrolls or anything involving the app screen)

Any ideas? (aside from "buy a mouse". Someone "suggested" that one already.)
Thanks very much =)

Here's the log from SysInfo

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8075 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 909 GB (533 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Q550LF
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online