Touchpad

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pecker1210

My touchpad has intermittently given me the ability to tap it to select things/open icons etc..

Why does this not happen all of the time?

I have been into the mouse options but there is no reference to this functionality?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You might need a driver update. I turned off the ability to tap on it altogether, it was most annoying! :)

JohnWill said:
I turned off the ability to tap on it altogether, it was most annoying! :)
the annoying factor is dependant on how sensitive you have the touchpad set to. if you accidentally "tap" the pad all the time, then you need to adjust the sesitivity settings to match the amount of force that you normally use

pecker1210

Where is the ability to enable/disable the ability or adjust the sensitivity?

It is not under the mouse settings?

yes it will be under the mouse settings, you usually have to choose the pointing device from a drop down menu then there will be controls and options for that specific device.

if there is a tray icon (near your clock), you can click on that (or right mouse click and choose settings)

if you use a mouse the settings for the touchpad may not be available until you unplug the mouse and reboot the machine, do not plug the mouse back in until you have configured your touchpad.

pecker1210

Nope still no options.....

Checked under mouse options but nothing.

Can someone crop an image of where I should be looking?

if the tap option is not there, then goto your laptop manufacturer's website and download the latest driver (and control panel if one is available) for your touchpad

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online